Monday 3 August 2009

My Purchases from Langkawi!!!

01 August 2009 (Saturday)
Just returned from Langkawi!!!..
So excited with my purchases from Pekan Kuah. Would have bought more if I had done my survey before the trip!! What a waste??? How come I never thought of that!!! Sigh...Well, couldn't blame myself too much also since in most of the company trip that I've been to, I hardly had any time for anything else before most of the time, our time was nicely arranged with some sort of activities. Well couldn't say the same for this trip though. One of the worst company trip that I've been to!!!
Luckily I still had my purchased to make my day... ha ha ha..I love shopping...shopping and shopping
Here were some of the souvenirs which I bought from there. Croc Shoes made from China ..he he he RM13.90. Bought 2 pairs for myself and 1 black slippers RM14.90 for jalan jalan laaa...
I bought the Croc Shoes at Pasaraya One Stop Sdn Bhd, 9, Jln Pandak Mayah 5, Kuah, Langkawi. Other shops do not sell. There were so many duty free shops at Pekan Kuah.

A pair of Crocs shoes for my Mei Mei also. RM13.90.



The chocolates that I bought..wah, I love them all. I had never bought so much chocolates before.
Until now, I still thought I should buy more...eeee...geramnya...So syok...So many nice chocolates, cheaper that else where...
Of course, we had to be a wise consumer. Compare price before buying...otherwise you ended up buying a more expensive one....which I did for my Cadbury Choc (Old Jamaican & the Cashew Nuts). Each Duty Free Shop had some things that were cheap and some things that were expensive. The price difference is from RM0.50 to RM2.00 and also lookout on the weight of the chocolates...can be misleading.

Ritz Sports : RM4.20 each (Most shops sold them for RM4.50)
Cote D'OR : RM 9.90
Cadbury 250g (Turkish Delight & Caramello) : RM9.90 (the cheapest. some sold them for RM12.90)
Cadbury 200g (Cashew nuts & Old Jamaican Rum with Raisins) with hard board wrapping : RM10.90 ( Should have bought the 250g soft cover for RM9.90. More worth it. Hard board wrapping is good as a gift, more presentable. When purchased I couldn't find the soft cover one until after I had bought them)
Lindt Pistachio 100g : RM9.50 (Fr Coco Valley Duty Free)
Lindt Raisin & Nuts : RM7.90 (Fr Coco Valley Duty Free)

I had opened all the Cadbury chocolates. The Old Jamaican Rum & Raisin is really wonderful, should have bought more...more suitable for adults I think. I also love the Turkish Delight. The Cashew Nuts is normal and the Caramelo I don't really like it....too sweet. I actually bought it for the kids thinking that they like this.

Well, when I get them to taste the Caramelo and the Turkish Delight...both boys like the Turkish Delight better....actually it has red jelly inside the chocolate. So, it kind of lessen the sweetness...with slight fruity taste, so the taste is very well blended. Anyway, they love the Caramelo too....eeeee, I don't like it.

Note to myself : Next time go for Old Jamaican and Turkish Delight. Yum Yum Yum...They are really good.

Also to note, Old Jamaican chocolates are not placed together with other Cadbury Chocolate, but together with chocolates with rum or liquor. Had difficulty looking for it, that's resulted in purchasing whatever I found first, hence the more expensive version of it!!

My boys were eyeing at my chocolates. Gave them some from the pink tupperware, which I had cut into smaller pieces. I said to them, 1 piece only huh...
Well, I had whallopped the whole tupperware in the afternoon at tea time...bad mummy. Anyway, they came back for more after the one piece, telling me "Mummy, very nice laa"
Mei Mei grabbed the whole tupperware for herself, crying when I gave some for Ko Kos. Of course, greedy as she is, normally she can't finish it and she returned the balance to me. If I am not careful, she may more throw all my chocolates into dustbin or toilet bowl!!!
Now think of it, the chocolates that I bought not too many also laa...

Darren was still admiring the chocolates.


Ikan Bilis with nuts and curry leaves. 3 for RM10.
Yummy yummy, very nice. I love this too. I am not an Ikan Bilis person, but this is really very nice!!! If there is a next time, should buy more...I bought these from the shop just across the road from Pasaraya One Stop...can't remember the name already. That's the disadvantage of throwing my receipt every where..sigh....
Lesson to learn: Keep all the receipts before deciding throwing. He he he, I have been keeping so many already.

Not forgetting, I bought 2 bottles of 1 liter DOM...so cheap. Just RM75.00 each (with box) from the 16 Segree Wine Duty Free Shop, 6, Jln Pandak Mayah 6, 07000 Kuah. Other shops in Pekan Kuah all sold them for RM85 with box and RM75 without box. Airport I remember they sold them for RM99 a liter, if I am not mistaken
Well, all in all, what more can you ask for a trip fully paid. With the economy contracting, our company still provide company trip, we should be grateful.
Thank you, Boss for my first trip to Langkawi!!

No comments: