Monday 27 July 2009

My Father

26 July 2009 (Sunday)

Father falled down today, given everybody a scare. He stepped on the toy bullets that the kids were playing. Luckily he was ok after resting for a while. I was surprised that father did not blame me for it because he used to remind us not to have anything on the floor as they would cause him to fall.


I was so focus taking photos of my kids that I realised I had not taken photos of father for a very long time. I think it was good to take photos of everyone once a while as people changed over time.

When I took photos of father, he happily posed for me, making me realised that this was something that I should do long time ago. When I looked into the photos, I was a bit taken aback to see father looked so old, so frail and so tired in the photo. He was totally different from his young vibrant self which I had always remembered him as. I always remember how he loves all of us so much when we were still in childhood and had done much for us despite his meagre income.

The mild stroke 4 years ago had changed my father's life. If it had not happened, life would be much different for father. It was very important to look after our health and be careful on what we consumed.

Mei Mei so happily ran over to Kung Kung to take photos

Mei Mei wanted more

Father was reminiscing the good old times.

I believe even when we are old and retired, we should have some occupation or some interests that could occupy our time. That is very important for a good balance life. We need to have our social life interacting with other people, to keep our brain active and thinking .

No comments: